Through our more than 20-year history, Patriot Capital is proud to have made job creation and access to funding – the hallmarks of the SBIC program – a key tenant of our investment strategy. Our adoption of a formal Responsible Investing strategy furthers our commitment to become advocates for change in the investment industry.
The Patriot Capital team has made the collective decision to strengthen our commitment to our investors, partner portfolio companies, and other stakeholders by adopting a formal strategy for Responsible Investing as it relates to our funds.
Learn more about our Responsible Investing Policy.
UN Principles of Responsible Investment
Patriot Capital is proud to be a signatory to the UN Principles for Responsible Investment. As part of our commitment to the PRI, the firm will adhere to its stringent principles and commit to:
- Incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- Be an active owner and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices;
- Seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest;
- Promote acceptance and implementation of the PRI principles within the investment industry;
- Work with the PRI Secretariat and other signatories to enhance their effectiveness in implementing the principles; and
- Report on our activities and progress towards implementing the PRI principles.
In 2022, Patriot published its inaugural Responsible Investing Report, highlighting the firm’s environmental, social, and governance (“ESG”) framework and how it is advancing this strategy alongside its portfolio companies.
Click here to view the report.
We strive to be active participants in our communities and value giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Here are some charitable and professional organizations we are proud to support.
- B&O Railroad Museum
- Baltimore Chamber Orchestra
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Greater Dallas
- Boy Scouts of America
- Catholic Charities of Baltimore
- Center Stage
- Chicago Hope Academy – Hoops for Hope
- Connecting Point of Park Cities
- Cristo Rey Jesuit High School
- Dallas Theological Seminary
- East-West Ministries
- Enoch Pratt Free Library Contemporaries
- Fund for Educational Excellence
- George Washington University – Mentor
- Habitat for Humanity
- House of Ruth Maryland
- LeTourneau University
- Marketplace Chaplains USA
- My Sister’s Place Women’s Center
- Paul’s Place
- Redeemer Seminary
- Rewired for Change
- United Way of Central Maryland
- West Dallas Community School
- Wipe Out Kid's Cancer
- Association for Corporate Growth
- Baltimore Deal Professionals
- Baylor Angel Network
- Chicago Private Equity Network
- The DFW Private Equity Forum
- District of Columbia Private Equity Network
- Illinois Venture Capital Association
- Independent Bankers Association of Texas
- Secured Finance Network
- Small Business Investor Alliance
- The Southwest Venture Forum
- Upstate Capital
- World Presidents' Organization
- YPO (Young Presidents' Organization)
While all members of the firm are expected to promote, manage, and report against our Responsible Investing framework, we have formed a Responsible Investment Committee, comprised of a diverse group of Patriot professionals across various levels of the organization, who are tasked with the management and oversight of the firms’ Responsible Investment commitment.
Diversity Equity and Inclusion at Orion Talent
Orion Talent is committed to building and embracing a diverse workforce. It is their goal that they are collectively a diverse group of people with purpose, living our core values, in an environment where all employees are treated equally and with respect. Learn more.