2021 was an eventful year for Patriot Capital and we’re pleased to share some highlights of our growth over the past year. Over the last 12 months, Patriot invested in six new platform companies, reaching 22 platform investments and over $300 million of invested capital in Patriot Capital IV.
We also supported our existing platform investments through a number of “add-on” investments in 2021. Lastly, the Patriot Capital Group of funds also benefited from five portfolio company exits last year. These outcomes are directly attributable to the trust placed in Patriot by our portfolio company management teams and investment partners, and we are thankful to have achieved these results alongside great partners.
In addition to our investment activity over the course of 2021, we’re equally excited to highlight some recent additions, promotions, and expansions within the Patriot team:
- In December 2020, Jeff Rummell joined Patriot as Vice President of Finance. Jeff is responsible for all accounting, investor reporting, treasury, and financial planning. Prior to joining Patriot, Jeff was a VP of Finance at The Blackstone Group.
- In April, Charles Adams joined Patriot in our Dallas office, responsible for continuing to build our relationships in the Southwest. Charles previously served in origination and deal execution roles with Texas Capital Bank and GE Capital Markets.
- In June, Sean Bilbrough was promoted to Vice President, a well deserved recognition of his contributions to the firm. Sean and his wife Nicole also welcomed their first child in 2021, adding to the next generation of the Patriot team.
- In December, Jonathon Cope relocated from Baltimore to Charlotte to support and expand our presence in the Southeast with private equity, investment banking, and lending relationships.
- At year-end, Nick Dunbar joined Patriot as a Finance Associate to further build-out the firms accounting, investor reporting, and financial planning capabilities. Prior to joining Patriot, Nick was a senior fund accountant at StepStone Group (formerly Greenspring Associates).
With meaningful additional capital available to support continued portfolio growth, as well as new platforms, we are excited for what lies ahead in 2022!