Patriot Capital focuses on investment opportunities in small and medium-sized privately-held companies, typically having annual revenues of $10 to $200 million. We seek business investment opportunities according to the following criteria:
- Successful, motivated management teams capable of delivering continued profit growth.
- Businesses with long-term positive trends and sustainable competitive advantages in their markets.
- Proven track records of revenue and profit growth.
- Companies with adequate cash flow from operations to service current coupon components of a Patriot investment.
- Companies or investment partners who can benefit not only from the capital provided by Patriot Capital but also from the many years of operating and financial experience of Patriot Capital's General Partners.
At Patriot Capital, we believe that the key to success is investing in the right industry and the right management team.
Patriot Capital's fund structure allows us to have maximum flexibility with our companies and their capital needs.
Financing Structures include:
- One source financing (Senior and Sub-Debt)
- 2nd Lein and Jr. Sub-Debt
- Mezzanine Debt
- Convertible Debt
- Preferred and Common Equity
Patriot Capital supplies companies with capital for a variety of reasons. The most likely uses of proceeds include:
- Business Expansion
- Acquisition Financing
- Major Capital Expenditures
- Management Buyouts
In combination with our L.P. network of Banks and Institutional Investors, Patriot can lend investments where a larger commitment of capital is required. Patriot typically invests between $3-20 million in transactions.
Each of these uses of proceeds has slightly different dynamics and, as such, Patriot works closely with the management team, equity sponsors or boards of directors to structure the financing that best meets the requirements of the business.